I left the gym today craving tuna salad, so I decided I MUST have it…vegan style, of course! I googled a recipe on my iphone so I could pick up ingredients on my way home. The following is the recipe I used, found at allrecipes.com. I’ll have to add a picture after I make a sandwich tomorrow. I forgot to take one tonight. It was really good right after I made it. I can’t wait to see how it tastes after it has chilled overnight! Enjoy!
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package tempeh
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon seaweed flakes or granules
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles or pickle relish
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise (I used veganaise)
- Heat the broth to a light boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the tempeh to the broth and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Drain and let cool to room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, grate tempeh into large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and seaweed flakes.
- Pour the seaweed mixture in with the grated tempeh and stir until well mixed.
- Mix in the red onion, celery, and dill pickles.
- Toss with the mayonnaise.
- This salad can be served immediately, but is best when chilled for several hours to allow the flavors to blend.